Herbalism 101 Class
If you have been wanting to start your herb garden, herbalism journey or apothecary cabinet then this is a great opportunity to learn about plants and their uses in simple and educational manner. Classes are available in person in Miami, Florida and live online.
What does it do?
We will teach you the first steps in beginning your herbalist journey. This class is designed to cover the initial needs and education of medicinal herbalism.
How does it work?
This one hour and twenty minute duration class will cover a variety of beginner herbalism topics including:
- What is herbalism?
- What does it mean to be an herbalist?
- What agencies regulate herbalism in the United States?
- Where does herbalism originate?
- What is an herb?
- How are herbs different from pharmaceuticals?
- Are herbs safe to use?
- How do you begin your herbalist journey?
- External vs. Internal Herbal Recipes
- Types of Herbal Recipes
- Tools for Starting an Apothecary Cabinet
- Recommended Books about Herbalism
- Questions to Ask about Herbs You Plan to Add to Your Garden
- In Depth Review on Four Recommended Starter Herbs
Before Our Class
- LIVE IN PERSON MIAMI: We will email you to work with you on scheduling your class.
- LIVE ONLINE: We will email you to work with you on scheduling your class then send a ZOOM link for the class.
- LIVE ONLINE GROUP CLASS: You will receive an email within 24 hours with a list of Herbalism 101 group class options and a code to enter the class of your choice.
The Day of the Class
The only tools you will need is a pen and notepad. You will receive a PDF document for the information we cover during the class. We will have demonstrate herbs and apothecary tools. It is an option to purchase materials from us after the class if you choose.
Want to Schedule a Group Class?
Maximum of 16 participants. If you want to have a private group class please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org